Norwalk Community College
"Thank you, thank you, thank you. This was an amazing experience. To be in a space where your creative energy was not only allowed to flow but channeled in the direction to encourage, inspire and ease another person’s suffering was truly a spiritually enlightening experience."
The Women’s Wisdom Initiative brings our signature healing arts Traveling Postcards workshop to your campus and can hold multiple workshops over the course of 1 to 2 days with members of the student body, staff and supporting networks. See what participants are saying! Testimonials
We are booking 2019 campus events now Contact Us
How does it work?
We want you to have the best experience possible, so we help to plan & create a great workshop from start to finish. Workshops can be scheduled throughout the year.
Each Traveling Postcards workshop costs $900 +travel expenses*. The average workshop size is between 15-20 participants. If you would like to book more than one workshop we offer the following packages:
Single Workshop- $900
2 or more workshops – $700 each (most popular)
Returning campuses receive an additional discount at $500 per workshop
* Sliding scale fee available
* Travel fees reduced if more than one campus is participating within similar geographical area
Multiple workshops are encouraged as they provide an opportunity to include a diversity of campus voices, and workshops are most successful when held in coordination with Counselors, Victim Advocates, Sexual Assault Response Coordinators and community leaders. Traveling Postcards is also an excellent tool for advocacy and to promote gender equality on campus. Workshops are open to all students of non-binary gender identities.
You do not need to have been a victim of violence to participate in a workshop.
- Look at the Campus questionnaire to get some ideas of how best to start planning you event.
A Traveling Postcards Workshop includes:
- A Pre-Workshop Plan. We help you plan and create the event(s) that best serves your campus.
- All art supplies.
- Set up & take down on workshop day(s)
- We provide a trained TP workshop facilitator(s) to lead every workshop.
- Promotional postcards & materials.
- Planning ideas for campus exhibition and advocacy.
- Opportunity for your campus to inform students about campus violence prevention, survivor support and outreach resources.
- Handouts about gender violence & the issue of violence against women worldwide.
- Opportunity to host quest speakers.
- College-to-College exchange of cards*
And Follow Up
- Continued connection after workshop to answer questions, provide feedback and debrief.
- Feedback Forms are available to counseling staff w/ student permission.
- Set of Traveling Postcards to use therapeutically in Counseling Office.
- Facilitator Training information and planning if wanted.
- Exhibition of University postcards via WWI Wisdom Library and/or Instagram & Facebook
*Postcards will return to WWI for archiving and distribution before traveling to another campus.
We are booking 2018-2019 campus events now. Contact Us
To learn more about a Traveling Postcards workshop, please watch the video on our front page: https://womenswisdominitiative.org/.